This month we have a recipe from one of our clients from the Phillippians: Chicken Tinola. Tinola is a ginger- and onion-based soup with chicken as the usual main ingredient. Chicken Tinola is an authentic Filipino main dish and best complimented with green papaya wedges and chili pepper leaves.
- Chicken meat (don't matter what part but best with skin)
- Garlic (1tsp)
- Onion (1 cup)
- Hot pepper leaves or spinach
- Papaya green
- Chicken bouillon cubes
- Sauté garlic and onion with ginger until it's brown.
- Add the chicken meat and stir for a couple minutes.
- Add 3-4 cups of water. Stir, cover and bring to a boil.
- Add the papaya, and when the chicken is almost cooked through, add the chicken bouillon cubes.
- Stir and add hot pepper leaves or spinach.